Wednesday, August 12, 2009

visit the beautiful Hague with me

you know i love travelling and visiting new places right? and i also love promoting my home city, capito? well, i also love having guests over... so, today, meet lovely natascha from mocca&me, who is joining us here on LC and writing about her beloved city. fasten your seatbelts, we are going to the hague!
~~

I was asked by the lovely Tiina to write an item for her CITYBREAK segment on her LiviaConcept blog. And of course I said yes! Not only because it’s an honor to be asked by her but also because I live in a wonderful city that I love with all my heart and that I can now share with all of you.

The Hague is a wonderful city that has a rich culture and a diverse population that consist of many nationalities. In The Hague you will find a lot of modern architecture which is a strong contrast with the many beautiful historical buildings. The Hague is situated by the sea and has a big and popular beach: Scheveningen. This great city is also fantastic for shopping, it has many great restaurants and plenty of cultural activities. Here are a few of my favorite places in The Hague.

hague1

I live in the fabulous neighborhood called Duinoord. Near my house, right in the heart of this wonderful neighborhood there is a very special boutique hotel called Residenz. The rooms are charming and elegant. Want to know more? Visit the website at residenz.nl

hague2

Close to my house is also wonderful shop called Heinde & Van Verre. Here they sell the most beautiful fabrics and linens from all over the world. They also sell accessories like slippers, cushions and bathrobes to name a few things.

hague3

My favorite place to have coffee is café and restaurant De Luca located in the famous Passage shopping area, in the heart of the city.

hague4

Another great area is the street called Denneweg where you’ll find fantastic restaurants and many great shops. I love to eat at restaurants Dekxels.

hague5

I also love to snoop around interior deco shops Stoop and Loft.

hague6

I don’t go out dancing much, but when I do go out this is where I go. To the hot and hip Square located at one of the most popular squares in The Hague, Plein 19.

hague7

The Hague of course has many many more wonderful places and hotspots that I would like to share with you. But then you’ll be reading for hours :) So this was a little peek at The Hague and my favorite places. This was fun! Thank you Tiina for giving me this opportunity and who knows, we might see each other in The Hague!

thank you natascha!!!
♥ Love&Decorate, Tiina

9 comments:

Kellie Collis said...

I love those fabrics you have selected! Beautiful xxx

Chichi and Luxe said...

Hi Natascha (and Tiina)
I loved reading this! The Hague looks absolutely stunning, and is now on my list of places to visit!

Elizabeth :)

MFAMB said...

wow!! could i please come and visit you and stay with you and be you BFF?

Hem och Lycka said...

Å så snygga atmosfärer och inspirationskällor!

kram Mia

Gaboushka said...

I had a great time in Amsterdam last year, perhaps the Hague could be next...I love the fabric shop!

beachvintage.com said...

Thanks for sharing all these amazing secrets. Looks like a fabulous place.

Studio LOFF said...

Hi everyone! It was so much fun to write this item for this wonderful blog. If any of you think of coming to The Hague just let me know if you need any tips and advice :-)

Hugs from The Hague :-)
Natascha

samia said...

Wow what a lovely place!! this looks amazing!! I would loe to have this posh cafes and hotels just down the road and hang out there... the fabrics and bedlinen looks amazing!

Sophie said...

Born and raised in The Hague. Love this city. Had never heard of Heinde & Van Verre but the concept appeals a lot to me. Have to pay a visit.